Wednesday 15 January 2014

Riddles

RIDDLES



What kind of coat can
only be put on when wet? Answer: a coat of paint


What goes up a chimney down,
but won't go down a chimney up? Answer: an umbrella



What letter is next in this sequence?
M, A, M, J, J, A, S, O,__ Answer: N
These are the first letters of the months of the year



What's full of holes but still holds water? Answer: a sponge



What building has the most stories? Answer: A Library



Why is an island like the letter T? Answer: It is in the middle of "waTer".



Pronounced as one letter,
And written with three,
Two letters there are,
And two only in me.
I'm double, I'm single,
I'm black, blue, and gray,
I'm read from both ends,
And the same either way.
What am I? Answer: an eye



My life can be measured in hours,
I serve by being devoured.
Thin, I am quick
Fat, I am slow
Wind is my foe. Answer: A candle



What other letter fits in the following series:
B C D E I K O X? Answer: The letter H. All of the letters in the series flipped vertically remain the same.



What is the next letter in the series: "B, C, D, E, G, ..."? And Why? Answer: The next letter would be P. They all rhyme.


Two mothers and two daughters go to a pet store and buy three cats. Each female gets her own cat. How is this possible? Answer: There is a grandmother, a mother, and a daughter.The grandmother is also the mother's mother, so there are 2 daughters and 2 mothers, but only a total of 3 people.



What has wheels and flies, but is not an aircraft? Answer: A garbage truck


What is the best month for a parade? Answer: March



What's white when it’s dirty? Answer: A blackboard
August 14, 2003
Which is faster, hot or cold? Answer: Hot’s faster. You can catch a cold.



Six glasses are in a row. The first three are full of juice; the second three are empty. By moving only one glass, can you arrange them so empty and full glasses alternate?Answer: Pour the juice from the second glass into the fifth glass.



Two fathers and two sons went duck hunting. Each shot a duck but they shot only three ducks in all. How come?Answer: The hunters were a man, his son and his grandson.



When is your mind like a rumpled bed?Answer: When it is not made up.



What can you put in a wood box that will make it lighter?Answer: holes



What is it that everybody does at the same time?Answer: grow older



Take away my first letter; take away my second letter; take away all my letters, and I would remain the same. What am I?Answer: The postman (mailman)



A doctor and a nurse have a baby boy. But the boy's father is not the doctor and the mother is not the nurse. How can it be?Answer: The doctor is the mother (female doctor) and the nurse is the father (male nurse).


What gets wet when drying? Answer: A towel


The more you take away, the larger it becomes? What is it? Answer: A hole



You can keep it only after giving it away to someone else. What is it? Answer: Your word



What goes up a chimney down, but won't go down a chimney up?Answer: An umbrella


What seven letters did Old Mother Hubbard say when she opened her cupboard? Answer: O I C U R M T



What is so fragile even saying its name can break it? Answer: Silence



How could a cowboy ride into town on Friday, stay two days, and ride out on Friday? Answer: His horse is named Friday!



What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years? Answer: The letter M



The more you take the more you leave behind. Answer: footsteps



A word I know, six letters it contains. Subtract just one, and twelve is what remains. Answer: dozens



This runs fore to aft on one side of a ship, and aft to fore on the other. What is it? Answer: The name of the ship



I am a box that holds keys without locks, yet they can unlock your soul. What am I? Answer: A Piano



What turns everything around, but does not move? Answer: a mirror
June 4
While walking across a bridge I saw a boat full of people. Yet on the boat there wasn't a single person. Why? Answer: Every one on the boat is married.



Here on earth it is true, yesterday is always before today; but there is a place where yesterday always follows today. Where? Answer: In a dictionary



I am an insect, & the first half of my name reveals another insect. Some famous musicians had a name similar to mine. What am I? Answer: beetle



What relation would your father's sister's sister-in-law be to you? Answer: Your mother.



There is a seven-letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters." What is the word? Answer: "therein": the,there, he, in, rein, her, here, ere, therein, herein.



Brothers or sisters have I none, but that mans father is my fathers son. Who is that man? Answer: I am my fathers son, so that mans father must be me. So that man must be my son.



What word looks the same upside down and backwards? Answer: SWIMS


When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer? Answer: When you add two hours to eleven o'clock, you get one o'clock.



How far can a dog run into the woods? Answer: Halfway through the woods. After halfway the dog would be running out of the woods, not "into the woods."


Two legs I have, and this will confound: only at rest do they touch the ground! What am I? Answer: A Wheelbarrow



It goes up, but at the same time goes down. Up toward the sky, and down toward the ground. It's present tense and past tense too, come for a ride, just me and you. What is it? Answer: A See-Saw



Which word from Group B belongs with the words from Group A?
A. blast, paper, box, bank
B. juice, bag, cradle, carpet Answer: BAG. All of the words in group A can begin with the word SAND



I am a path situated between high natural masses. Remove my first letter & you have a path situated between man-made masses. What am I? Answer: valley (-v = alley)



What can you hold without ever touching or using your hands? Answer: your breath


What 7 letter word becomes longer when the third letter is removed? Answer: lounger



Whoever makes it, tells it not. Whoever takes it, knows it not. And whoever knows it wants it not. Answer: counterfeit money



You can see nothing else
When you look in my face,
I will look you in the eye
And I will never lie. Answer: your reflection



I know a word of letters three. Add two, and fewer there will be. Answer: few



What are the next 3 letters in this riddle?
o t t f f s s _ _ _ Answer: e n t
The first seven letters stand for - one two three four five six seven



He starts and ends 2 common English words. One painful in love, one painful in everyday matter.
Do you know what 2 words I must be? Answer: Heartache and Headache

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...